ANCIFF RESIDENCY PROGRAM
APPLY TO PARTICIPATE IN RESIDENCY
ANCIFF Studio International Artist Residency’s aim is to provide a community-based open platform where creativity can unfold. Residents stay and create in a unique atmosphere and entirely new environment where they can develop their artwork free from accustomed distractions. Relationships form between the artists coming from different geographical locations and varied social, religious and cultural backgrounds.
Here, collaborations and experimentation are encouraged.
Many exciting exchanges and dialogues among artists take place. ANCIFF Studio also promotes and celebrates the local community’s artistic and cultural identity while also introducing Filmmaking, art and culture of others back to the community.
This intercultural exchange broadens everyone’s experiences and fosters art appreciation.
ANCIFF Studio International Artist Residency hosts Filmmakers and artists from September to March each year, with accommodations available for up to 6-10 residents at one time.
Artists of all disciplines creating in any media are welcome to apply: music, sound, performance art, writing, painting, drawing, photography, video/film, animation, sculpture (any material),mixed-media / multi-media, interdisciplinary. Researchers, curators, and art critics are also welcome to apply. Open to emerging and established Filmmakers and artists.
- Applications are accepted on an ongoing basis, artists will be selected subject to motivation, work sample and availability.
- It is suggested that the artist arrange his/her own insurance to cover any possible accident, loss or damage (including but not limited to health insurance and general liability insurance) during their stay in Ghana.
- Applicants are responsible for travel, visa, materials, entertainment, food costs and insurance.
- ANCIFF studio will not be liable for any loss, theft or damage and provides no insurance covering any work, equipment or materials belonging to any user.
- ANCIFF Studio residency provides three types of working space where you can explore your art and ideas; at the ANCIFF indoor studio and outdoor studio
Artist responsible for:
- Travel and subsistence costs
- Art materials
- Filmmaking equipments
- Health insurance
Organization will provide:
- Meals (Vegetarian breakfast, lunch, dinner included)
- Tea, coffee (on request)
- Studio space
- Exhibition opportunity
- Film festivial
- Invitation letter
- Local sight-seeing
- Basic kitchen
- Printer B/W
- First aid kit (medical box)
- Basic tools
Accommodation consists of:
- Tents (shared and private), indoor sleeping option, meals and/or self-catering kitchen facility, open landscape, electricity, water.
Duration of residency:
- 2 weeks, new sessions;
- Session: 10th August to 25th AUGUST 2019
- Session: 15th December to 29th December 2019